Our first tip for anyone not getting attention online is not to neglect your bio! Your bio is the perfect opportunity for you to introduce yourself and clarify what kind of person you are and your ideal sugar daddy. We’ve pulled together a list of the essentials you’ll need to ensure you will write a good sugar baby bio.
Start on a good note
Being discreet is fine, but this is no time to play it too cool. We see this mistake time and time again; just having “sugar daddy needed,” “message me with anything you want to know,” or even leaving it blank isn’t doing you any favors!
To catch the attention of sugar daddies, you need to write a good sugar baby bio full of personality and useful information. This isn’t the place to be acting standoff-ish or coy.
Make sure you stand out
This is a great opportunity to do your research. Instead of just looking at sugar daddy bios, look at what other sugar babies are doing. We suggest looking at sugar babies in your area around the same age as you so you can snoop at the competition (and do it better). Pull inspiration from what others are doing – or not doing.
What to avoid
- Avoid asking for money in bio. This is a huge red flag and screams a scam. Of course, you’re there for an arrangement, but this can be outlined later once you’re messaging or talking on the phone.
- Don’t place the personal information, for example, the University you go to, where you work, or your social media. These sites can attract all kinds of people, so better to be safe than sorry.
- Don’t add your phone number, Snapchat, Instagram, or other social channels – this can breach many site guidelines and even cause your account to get banned.
How to write a good sugar baby bio
So! What makes a good sugar baby bio? Hopefully, now you know what to avoid, it’s important to know what to include. Your bio should be a mix of who you are and what you’re looking for in a sugar daddy.
Here’s some prompts to get you started:
- The basics: your profile will probably already cover your age, location, and name, but it’s great to add it to your bio too.
- Cover what you like to do when you stay in, and what you like to do when you go out, e.g., “I love a good movie marathon, and I know the best Thai takeaway in town” and, e.g., “I love volleyball and weekends hiking up in my favorite trails.”
- Add personality! Fun facts add lightness and humor to your bio; add some quirkiness like a dog or cat person, what you’re good at, even what you’re bad at!
- Add a conversation point like “I couldn’t live a day without coffee, what’s one thing you couldn’t go a day without?”
- Explain why you’d make a great sugar baby by telling them what kind of person you are, whether you’re outgoing, friendly, love a laugh, or deep conversations. Try to sum up the best part of your personality and what makes you special.
- Make it clear what gender you’re looking for.
- Explain what characteristics you’re looking for in a sugar daddy. It might be kindness, confidence, trustworthiness, passionate or all of the above.
- Tell them how much time you can spend with them, if you’re free weekends and what time commitment you can make to your sugar daddy.
- Tell them what kind of experiences you want to have with them, like you want the opportunity to try new places to visit or dine at together.
You’ll want to make it a good balance of about you and them. Try stick to 100-200 words for your bio, so it’s meaningful but easy to read.
Of course, having a good bio can make all the difference in getting messages, but don’t be shy and make the first move!